Hospitalist Jobs in West Virginia
Monday · March 19, 2018
1 Job in The Mountain State
Photo: The Historic Woodburn Hall at West Virginia University in Morgantown.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Huntington) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Veteran Affairs Physicians practice medicine more and spend less time on business tasks.
- 13 days of sick leave.
- VA salaries are very competitive and are based on physician salaries of the local market, your experience and credentials as a physician.
- 10 paid holidays.
- VA Total Compensation: VA physicians enjoy all the above mentioned benefits which increase total compensation by an average of 39% over your annual salary.
- Located in western West Virginia, sitting on the Ohio River at the point where West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky meet, Huntington is part of the largest inland port in the United States.
- Huntington's population is over 50,000.
- Tour of Duty: Available to work rotating twelve (12) and/or eight (8) hour shifts.
- Salaries: VA Physician salaries are determined by a compensation panel of physicians at the facility where you practice medicine.
- Competitive Salary, No Overhead, No Insurance Companies to deal with.
- 1 license/50 States - 49 Days' OFF each year!
- However, subject to change, depending on the needs.
- We offer an academic affiliation with the Marshall University Health School of Medicine.
- Huntington: A vibrant, energetic city where heritage comes alive.
- As a VA Physician the possibilities' are endless.
- 26 days paid vacation.
- The grounds also are home to the C. Fred Edwards Conservatory, West Virginia's only plant conservatory.
- In the hills above Ritter Park is the Huntington Museum of Art.
- DO license (practice with any current and unrestricted state license).
- Medical License: A clean, valid medical license from any United States State or Territory is all that is required to practice medicine in a VA Federal Hospital anywhere in the nation.
- It is the largest art museum between Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Richmond and contains numerous collections, exhibitions, education programs and nature trails on a sprawling, 52-acre campus.
- And you do not have to pay a penny for malpractice insurance because you are covered by the federal government if a claim arises.
- Board certified/board eligible Internal Medicine/Family Practice.
- 49 days paid time off annually including.
- Work closely with medical and surgical consultants and primary care physicians to ensure that inpatients receive continuous, high-quality care.
- A 40 hour work week makes this a dream job for a physician with lots of time off for family and friends.
- Up to 5% matching funds on your 401(k).
- Train medical students and residents, develop continuing medical education courses and pursue faculty appointments.
- Unrestricted MD.
- United States Citizen.
- Responsible for providing the most effective delivery of patient care services throughout the Medical Center.
- It is the second largest city in the state.
- The Huntington VA Medical Center is committed to serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
- Evaluate patients admitted to medical service for inpatient management and disposition.
- Enjoy an environment that supports an interdisciplinary care team approach that delivers state-of-the-art medicine using some of the most advanced medical techniques and technologies in the Nation.
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses (subject to budget availability).
- Since 1934, the park's Rose Garden has been West Virginia's nationally-recognized municipal rose garden, containing 1,000 plants and noted for its All-American Rose Selections.
- No dealing with insurance company's and no overhead.
- VA contributes 9% of your salary toward federal retirement.
- Physician - Hospitalist Job in Huntington, WV.
- Practice pure Medicine.
- Huntington also is known for its expansive park system, the gem of which is Ritter Park.
- Possible annual performance bonus of 7% up to a max $15,ed: Forward your C.V.
- The city is home to Marshall University.
- On average, federal government pays 75% of your premium on your health care insurance.
- Perform the primary clinical duties of a Hospitalist in an inpatient setting, including coverage of the Medical Intensive Care/Telemetry Unit.
- All of this makes the Huntington VA Medical Center a first rate facility that truly deserves the great reputation it has earned.
- Job Satisfaction: VA Physicians enjoy the luxury of practicing medicine with the latest technologies and do so with no overhead costs, staff to pay, no rent on a building and no filing insurance claims.
- The VA offers opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests.
- The park, which features a walking path, award-winning playground, tennis courts, amphitheater and PetSafe Dog Park, was recognized by the American Planning Association in 2012 as one America's 10 Great Public Spaces.
This perm job opening was posted
2 weeks ago